Saturday, April 21, 2012

WDW Day 3

We spent the entire day at Epcot. 
HGTV had done the floral designs for a special event, so we especially enjoyed the pretty flowers. 





The nasty weather held off longer than predicted and we covered a lot of countries before the daily rains hit. The first country we visited was China, and Jeff and Molly just couldn't pass up Chinese food for lunch. Surprise...not. Nathan and I watched them enjoy their favorite cuisine, but held off for something down the road.


Meanwhile, the Georges found the baby center for K's lunch, then we all met up in Germany for some bratwurst, beer and pretzels.


Molly and I sniffed our favorite fragrance, Laila, in the Norway gift shop before the whole group (sans K and me) rode Maelstrom. Meanwhile, K and I wove through the crowds all the way across the world to Soarin' to get Fast Passes for our group (in our haste to eat lunch, we forgot to get them when we got to the park). I got to the building that houses Soarin' only to find you can't enter the building with a stroller to get Fast Passes. Are you kiddin' me, Soarin'? K was asleep and I was not waking her up to get the passes, so we strolled around for 30 minutes waiting for the others to finish their ride in Norway so they could come watch sleeping beauty while I got the passes. Then I noticed they had given out all the Soarin' Fast Passes for the day while I was waiting...pooh. 


We went to several of Epcot's countries together, 
then split into families to enjoy the remaining countries. 



I think France was my favorite this time...


Bon Jour, Tour du Jour!


I'm just sure the whole family would have loved to join me for the "everyone squeeze into the telephone booth" picture if they had been with us in England. 


Canada had really pretty flowers. 




Kinsley met the newest Disney character, Duffy.
It will be fun to get to know Duffy over the years.


We met back up together to ride The Seas With Nemo & Friends. I'm not a big fan of animated movies, but Finding Nemo is the exception. Such cute characters depicted in a fun adventure and there was a neat set of aquariums to visit after the ride. Unfortunately, it began to rain again just as we finished. Hello, ponchos. As the skies opened up, the crowds dashed for cover, but after about 45 minutes, it cleared off. Yay! I found the ice cream cart while Molly and the guys went to Mission Control...someone came back a little dizzy from that adventure. The younger riders were fine, ahem.



We rode Spaceship Earth (housed inside the big Epcot sphere) which takes you from the dawn of recorded time through the 21st century. We took a quiz at the end about where we would like to work, play and live in the world of tomorrow, complete with a picture of ourselves in tomorrowland. We played a few interactive games afterwards.


We took a boat from Epcot to the Boardwalk where we had dinner reservations at Kouzinna, a Cat Cora Mediterranean restaurant. There was a beautiful sunset and the atmosphere was festive on the Boardwalk. We had a wonderful meal, probably the best meal of the trip, including, oak-grilled steaks, grilled snapper and feta mashed potatoes. I think we laughed as much as we ate. Rowdy family.



The Gorges took a cab back to the hotel with a sleepy baby. M&N, J and I shopped on the Boardwalk, then took a shuttle to Downtown Disney where we had fun walking around and maybe shopped a bit more.


Then off for a much-deserved good night's sleep. 
Zzzzzzz......

1 comment:

Carol said...

Once again, you've given me too much to comment on in this fun post! I will say, however, that I LOVED the photo of the little cottage amidst the amazing garden in the Canadian flower section of the post.